Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Baby Ladies!

The chicks arrived yesterday afternoon! We're already in love!  They seem to be doing well, although we do have one "Runty" that seems smaller, less active, and therefore more adorable than the rest.  She made it through the first night, but I have to keep reminding myself and the girls that she might not make it.  Of course, she's already my favorite, which is problematic for obvious reasons!  Anyway, we're trying so hard to enjoy this phase fully, knowing all too well how quickly they will grow up and be more than a handful (literally!)  PS:  Local friends, if you want to see the cuteness, make a point to come by soon!

Peeking in the box for the very first time!

First moments in the coop

Watching them fall asleep standing up is hysterical!

Checking out the Gro-Gel (Chicken gatorade)

This is Runty.  She spent a lot of the day just like this, although she did get more active as the day went on.

Trying to get a picture of them close up...

All ten of them.  And some poop.  Man, I forgot how much they POOP!

1 comment:

  1. So so so cute! I want to put them on my cheek! I think you should bring one in your purse to the palms tonight.

    ReplyDelete