Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Wednesday Snapshot

Today I woke up late after a bad night with the toddler.

I pounded coffee.

Today I made Meara laugh, and it infected me.  I was also a humble servant of "Your Majesty Ailin" who requested a "DRINK OF WATER" during tea time.

I took time out of the school morning to water the seedlings I planted yesterday.  Seven tomato plants, six pepper plants, four cucumber plants, too many basil plants to count, and some cilantro.


Then it rained.

Today I tripped while entering the coop to water the chickens and doused myself with freezing cold water at 8AM.

I ran out of chicken feed.

Today I watched the world around me fall apart as I entered day two of "Next-Year-Curriculum-Ordering-Frenzy."


And this shocked me, though it happens every year.



Today I got dinner in the crockpot by 7:30AM, and fed my toddler flour-less chocolate cake for lunch.  At 3:30.

I brushed my teeth.  But not my hair.  And most definitely didn't shower.

Today I thought I was more anxious than Caeley to find out whether Little John escaped the Sheriff.


And was delighted to realize I was wrong.

Today Ailin grabbed me from behind, choked me by the neck, and said, "I love you, Mommy."

And later, upon entering the house, she asked "What's that terry (terrible) SMELL?" (That would be the dinner in the crockpot.)

This morning, I lost my "formal" morning prayer time and what I thought was my hope for a good day.

And then I was reminded constantly that the only way I make it through any of this is with God by my side.

1 comment:

  1. Flourless chocolate cake definitely makes a good lunch. When she's a little older, she'll get it for herself when she's hungry. ;0)

    ReplyDelete