Friday, September 2, 2011

Adios August

August is finally over.  PHEW!  It's such a hard month in our family.  Back to school for the college and for us means the entire month is spent either stressing about how much stress we are going to be under in a few weeks, or actually stressing once those weeks have arrived.  We did manage to be smart and NOT take our one yearly vacation in August this time.  It's a tradition that I think will continue.  It was nice to get home and still have summer left before the dreaded August arrived.  

As awful as it usually is, we did manage to squeeze in some fun.  I wanted to get some pictures up...nothing philosophical to say, just memories to share.

The mound of heirloom tomatoes after peeling.  My first canning experience.


I was very proud.  All those tomatoes in these jars.  It was a ton of work, but at least the sauce is delicious.  (Sam F.-I still owe you one of these!)

Our first library trip before the start of the school year.

The Block Party at the school is always a huge hit with the girls.  Caeley loves the velcro wall.

Meara got stuck on upside down by Daddy!

And Ailin loved the bubble machine.

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get a single decent picture of her dashing around in the bubbles.  

Rock wall.


Happy climber.

Waiting in line for a ride.  This was what we stared at for hours while we waited.

Finally our turn!

The view heading up.


The balloon driver ALMOST got a perfect shot.  Poor Meara got half a face.  That's the church we got married in behind us!

Looking up into our balloon.

Fooling around with the iPhone camera.

These pics look grainy.  I was thinking I was getting old until I realized the girls look grainy too.

Rock On!  Or God Loves You.  Either one could work.

It's a good thing she's so darn funny and cute.   She loves "Mommy's Gackies."

The best thing about August is that it means September is coming.  And football.  And fall.  And apples. And fall colors.  And soup.  And chili. And the awesome pumpkin drinks at Starbucks.  And then October, which is really the best month of the entire year.  Oh I'm SO excited!!!!  The best, absolute best time of year is here.  

1 comment:

  1. Fall is absolutely the best time of year - I totally agree. You guys should come up in October and we can take you to Keene, NH for the pumpkin festival - so much fun. Your posts always make me miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete