Sunday, May 15, 2011

Blessings

Today was nothing spectacular.  We didn't just come back from some fancy vacation.  We made no new exciting purchases.  I have no huge news to share that would really be considered worthy of a blog post at all.  I just wanted to make a note of some things to remember.  Just the little details of my day that I took the time to thank God for,  because lately I'm finding that those are the details that are giving me the most joy.

Things that have given me such joy today:
1. Watching Caeley still enjoy blowing bubbles so much. Now she has TWO people to catch them.



2. Listening to Ailin say, "WOW!" as she watches the rain pelting down while we sit on the back porch during a storm.
3. Ailin calling my beer a "bah-bah."  From a kid that has never had a bottle, it was just funny.
4. Getting to visit with our favorite nun at the Visitation convent in Georgetown.  She is such a joy to us, and we miss her since she left the area.
5. Watching the girls head out into the driving storm with bright pink rain coats and boots on.
6. Receiving the coolest cookbook EVER from my mom.  (It's part chicken-owning memoir, part seasonally organized recipes with simple ingredients featuring you guessed it-eggs!  But also chicken, too!  I can't wait to cook from it this week!  Doesn't it sound PERFECT for me???!!!)
7. Listening to my veritable Tin Man talk about how emotional he got saying goodbye to some of his special seniors today. Wish I had been there to see him cry!  (Even knowing he got all mushy made my day!)
8. Watching a movie about the International Space Station with the family and realizing we ALL learned something.
9. Making it almost all the way through mass this morning without resorting to the cry room.  (I said almost.)
10. Opening my just-cleaned-out homeschool room closet.  And the two little girls who voluntarily decided to put away some of their toys for a while to help me declutter it.  Order is happiness.  At least for me.

The "uptight me" (I really should give her a name so I can just refer to her in a nicer way when I'm posting about her...) wants to stop listing things at number ten because that's a nice number to end on.  So I won't mention the delicious sushi or chocolate chip cookies I had today. :-)  Or the 2.5 hours spent in the car with a baby that didn't fuss once!  That would make my list 12.  And that's not as nice a number to end on.  Still even, but just not as nice.

I hope your day was also filled with "little things" that brought you much joy!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Christine. Perfect. I appreciate all of the love. I too enjoy little things, daily. Praise be to God. Always. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SIMPLY LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Thanks for sharing all the little things in your life ... GOD IS GOOD!

    ReplyDelete