Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Best First Day Ever

Our school year "officially" began yesterday, after our "practice week" the week before.  It was probably one of the best days we've had together in a long time.  I've missed the real focused, one-on-one attention that school really allows with each girl.  (Even Baby A joined us for our story time!)  As usual, the "lessons" we learned had less to do with Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, or the Indians of the Northwest Coast, or multiplication, or place value, or how many sounds the phonogram "OU" makes.  The best lessons are the ones we learned by spending time together, loving each other, helping each other overcome our weaknesses, and bringing each other to Heaven.  Days like today remind me why I do this.  And while I anticipate there will be many that will make me wonder why with equal ferocity, I hope I can refer back to this post and these pictures for motivation throughout the year.  Happy New School Year everyone!



Waiting for noon mass to start after walking to campus.

Acorn Hunting

She has always been such a monkey.

Remember to look UP Mommy!

Look what I found!

Funny Fungus

Father DuBois' feet make a nice lunching place.

School's Out!  We picked up the next books in the "Peter and the Starcatchers" series and headed to the playground.

Baby A is suspicious.

Quack.

She's feeling very affectionate, apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment