Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sandy and Candy

Busy times around here lately.  We spent some time preparing for hurricane Sandy, then survived it (thank you GOD) without much ado, and then delved right into Halloween.  I'm feeling extremely grateful that we were spared any major suffering from the storm, and am praying for those who were not so lucky.  It has made me pause and really reflect on all the things I take for granted: hot coffee, electricity, hot water, a roof over my head, my children, and my amazing and helpful friends and family to name a few.  Some of those things, the things I cherish so much, I'll just capture below with pictures as a "fall update" post.


My beautiful fall yard before the storm took the leaves.  I can't believe how happy this scene makes me.

My favorite tree.  Not the big one...the little one to the left of it.
Friday playground date.

A literal "survival pack" for the storm.

Cookies for the girls...and the decorating kept us quite busy.
 
My dream come true!
Had to get our pumpkins before the storm hit.  We almost didn't make it!

Chickens love pumpkin guts.
The morning after the storm we did our work in "bed."
Happy Halloween!  The girls were so excited to Trick-or-Treat this year and get a pile of candy to trade.
She rode the entire night.
Friends make Halloween more fun!
Pumpkin and Chicken Lady






No comments:

Post a Comment