Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Easy Rider

She finally did it!  Meara rode her bike without training wheels yesterday!!!  She has been super anxious to get this task under her belt because her sister just graduated to a real big girl bike.  I think she was starting to feel a little green.  Caeley took time after dinner to give her lessons and was a super patient, loving teacher.  And I've NEVER seen such shared joy between these girls.  I was so happy to catch the laughter and excitement.  Shortly after the first video she took off across the grass and will never look back!

The first moments without training wheels:



And the celebrations:



Once the girls came inside, we overheard Meara say (as she was getting ready for bed), "I'm so psyched!"  (Long pause.)  "I don't even know what psyched means!"  (Caeley had to teach her this too!)  What an awesome way to end our second day of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment